Hi! I was thinking about re-vamping my "about me" page, and I thought it would be kinda fun to create a list of some facts that you might not know about me. I warn you-- there are at least two here that are a little shocking. I debated including them, or leaving them out and putting something a little less...controversial. I hope these revelations aren't blog-reader deal breakers. I still want us to be friends. We can work through these differences, right?
Deep breath... here goes...20 random facts about me...
1. I LOVE listening to pledge drives. My favorite pledge drive to listen to is NPR.
2. I have a HUGE crush on Ira Glass. (It's totally the glasses.)
3. I didn't learn to drive until I was 25. I lived in Chicago and could walk or take public transit anywhere I wanted to go. Or I got rides from my friends who drove.
4. When I was little, I dreamed of being a singer, ballerina, vet, archaeologist, artist, and interior decorator. Thankfully, being an artist panned out...
5. This is super controversial, but I don't like "The Princess Bride." There. I said it. I hope we can still be friends.
6. Another controversial one, and I can't believe I'm openly admitting to this in public, but... I like Domino's pizza. It's that garlic seasoning on their crust! There must be crack in it. (This isn't a deal breaker, is it?)
7. Commercials make me cry.
8. Singer/songwriter is my favorite music. The sadder and more soulful, the better.
9. I'm addicted to coffee. No, really.
10. I auditioned for a play once. I made it to callbacks, but I didn't go back.
11. Chatting with friends over coffee is my favorite social activity.
12. My first plane trip was to Ireland. I was a senior in college.
13. I'm in LOVE with the Pacific Northwest and dream of living there.
14. I despise mushrooms.
15. My spirit animal is a sloth.
16. I have a purple belt in Karate.
17. I've never been camping (hello! City girl here!) The thought of bugs and peeing outside absolutely terrifies me.
18. I'm a sucker for anyone asking for help. "Can you help me" is my kryptonite. I can't resist.
19. My biggest pet peeve is people who are late and don't call and let me know they are running late. Once I know you're running late, I'm not upset anymore.
20. I'm terrible at directions. You tell me to go right, and I turn left. You tell me to go left, and I turn right. I blame that on being left-handed...
There, I did it! And you're still reading! Yay! Was there any revelation that surprised you? Horrified you? Let me know in the comments section below. Are you a fellow "Princess Bride" hater? Or Domino's pizza lover? You are my people! Comment below! We gotta stick together!